Saturday 28 March 2009

Solo Football


I saw this lad playing football against the sea wall.  He was totally into the game, didn't notice a thing going on around him.

Back home in Manchester we called this 'Wallie' (wall-ee), the aim was to bounce the ball off the wall and get it into a position where the next in turn could not hit the wall with one kick.  The other popular playground football game was 'Goomer', one goal keeper with the others paired off.  The last pair to score from a full-volley was out.

Anyone fancy a game?

4 comments:

ninja said...

Even not knowing where it's taken I could guess it's British. There's some UK vibe in it.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

excellent capture and I agree with koala, you captured the Uk in it.

cieldequimper said...

YEs, I agree with what's been said! For some extremely odd reason, it reminds me of Billy Elliot...

debtqueen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.