Sunday 26 April 2009

The English Rose






















Plantagenet: Since you are tongue tied, and so loath to speak,
In dumb significants proclaim your thoughts:
Let him who is a true-born gentleman,
And stands upon the honour of his birth,
If he believe that I have pleaded truth,
From this briar pluck a white rose with me.

 
Somerset : 
Let him that is no coward nor no flatterer,
But dare maintain the party of the truth,
Pluck a red rose from off this thorn with me.

Henry VI Part One, II.iv.25-32 


English Rose

No matter where I roam

I will come back to my english rose

For no bonds can ever tempt me from she


Ive sailed the seven seas,

Flown the whole blue sky.

But Ive returned with haste to where my

Love does lie.

No matter where I go I will come back to my english rose

For nothing can ever tempt me from she.

Ive searched the secret mists -

Ive climbed the highest peaks

Caught the wild wind home to hear her soft voice speak

To hear her soft voice speak

No matter where I roam

I will return to my english rose

For no bonds can ever keep me from she.


Ive been to ancient worlds

Ive scoured the whole universe

And caught the first train home

To be at her side.

No matter where I roam

I will return to my english rose

For no bonds can ever keep me from she

Weller

No comments: